Built in 1830s,Â Pleasant Plains Farm was the Designers Show House in September, 2000. Â The owners, Philip and Sue Dodds continue repairing and rebuilding the main house and the surrounding buildings and grounds on this wonderful 150 acre farm near Annapolis Maryland.Â The web site chronicles the ongoingÂ restoration.
Tag Archives: restoration
Charles Carroll House
Celebrating three generations and an urban cultural landscape that spans over 300 years, the Carroll House is a restoration-in-progress. This national historic landmark bears great historical significance to the state of Maryland and America as the home of Charles Carroll the Settler, first Attorney General of Maryland who settled here in 1706, his son, Charles Carroll of Annapolis, and his grandson, Charles Carroll of Carrollton (1737-1832).
Charles Carroll of Carrollton was one of four Marylanders to sign the Declaration of Independence. Carroll was the only Roman Catholic and the last survivor of all 56 signers dying in 1832 in his 96th year. Charles Carroll and his family played a major role in the framing of the governance of Maryland and the emerging United States. CarrollÂ¹s accomplishments and persistent efforts to promote and establish the concept of religious toleration were embodied in the founding documents and laws of our country still used today for “all men who are created equal.”