A list of History Resources for the Broadneck area. Please leave any comments or suggestions.
- Arnold Hometown History Project.Â A history of Arnold, Maryland with special focus on the years 1850-1880 and the life of an important resident, Thomas H. Arnold. By the students of Magothy River Middle School, 1997.
- The History of Arnold, Maryland.Â An article from Chesapeake Taste MagazineÂ by Wendi Winters.
- Local Woman Pens Book On History Of Arnold. Severna Park Voice article about Arnold resident Alberta Stornetta, who has compiled and written the first comprehensive history of Arnold, MarylandÂ called,Â Arnold Maryland And Neighbors On The Broadneck. This book is said to be available for purchase at Arnold Pharmacy in the Arnold Station shopping center.
- Anne Arundel County “History – Seventeenth Century through the Present.” From the County web site, not attributed.
- Broadneck: Maryland’s historic peninsula / written and compiled by residents of the Broadneck Peninsula ; under the sponsorship of the Broadneck Jaycees. Available at the Maryland Law Library.
- Mago Vista Beach. A Brief history of the Mago Vista Beach Club. To read more about the history of Mago Vista Beach, read Marianne Taylorâ€™s â€œMy River Speaks: The History and the Lore of the Magothy Riverâ€ and Alberta Stornettaâ€™s â€œArnold Maryland And Neighbors On The Broadneck.â€